It is quite stressful to log into different accounts on Gmail. Think of a scenario wherein you have greater than five Gmail addresses and you use them for several projects and each time you have to sign into each account and you have to check if you have mail for that particular email account. That is pretty stressful, no? Google has made it possible, however, for you to connect to all of your Gmail accounts so that beginning with a main email address, you can access all of the incoming emails from other Gmail accounts.
Just follow the procedures described below on how to set up a main or primary Gmail wherein you will receive the emails.
(1) Go to the Settings page on your primary Gmail account and click on the Settings icon on the upper right portion.
(2) For the Settings web page, click the link, “Accounts and Import,” on the menu that is horizontal and hear the upper portion of the web page.
(3) Find the “Add another email address you own” and click it. A pop up window will appear. There you will have to plug in the information related to the secondary email address. Afterwards, click on “Next.”
(4) Click the “Send Verification” on the web page wherein it appears.
(5) Sign in using the secondary email address and click the verification hyperlink. If the hyperlink does not work, just copy the verification code given in the verification email. Utilize it for verification purposes to show that this Gmail address is your primary email address.
(6) Nevertheless, for your secondary email address, go to the Settings web page and click the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” hyperlink at the upper portion of the horizontal menu.
(7) Click the button, “Add a forwarding address” and plug in your primary email address. The primary email address will get the verification code. Copy this code and paste on the text box that has “Confirmation Code” beside the email address you have just included.
(8) As soon as this has been verified, click the “Forward a copy of incoming mail to ‘primary-email’” radio button and choose your preferred option besides the box, next option.
(9) Scroll down then click the button, “Save Changes.”
(10) Go back to the primary email account. Click the “Create new label” on the left hand area. Afterwards, create a name label that shows that this is your secondary email address.
(11) Go to the Settings web page in the primary Gmail. Then click on the “Filters” hyperlink located on the upper horizontal menu.
(12) Click the “Create a new filter” hyperlink and plug in your secondary Gmail address in the text box, “To:”.
(13) Click the “Create filter with this search” hyperlink found on the corner of the bottom right of the web page.
(14) Afterwards, click the checkbox besides the “Skip the Inbox (Archive It”.” In addition, check the “Apply the label” as well and select the label that you made meant for the secondary email address.
(15) Then click the “Create filter.” Now you are finished!
Other ways to manage different Gmail accounts is to run different browsers all at the same time. In order to log into two to three different kinds of Gmail email accounts, you can just run two to three different browsers. Each can have a different user account that is signed in. This is probably the most straightforward and simple method to go about it that really does not need a particular setup. The only exception is that you need to have different internet browsers installed on your desktop or laptop.
Another way is to switch among different Gmail accounts by using its feature, the multiple sign-in. Google actually supports many sign-ins. This indicates that you can sign into different Gmail accounts using just one browser.
Through Google Chrome, you can also set up different users. The multiple sign-in feature of Gmail works on any kind of browser. If you like Chrome, that is actually good as it will allow you to set up different users as connected to different accounts on Google.
Another way is to add aliases and email accounts connected to your primary Gmail. The previously discussed ways are mainly a workaround to a complex problem. The most advanced and complete method of managing multiple Gmail accounts is to simply set them up in a single Gmail account. First, you go to Settings and open the Accounts tab. Afterwards, check mail using POP3 and click on the “Add a POP3 mail account you own.” While going about the setup process, also select that you use the respective email address as alias. You can also include aliases manually. Below “Send mail as,” you click “Add another email address you own.” As soon as you are checking emails using different accounts, make labels for these Google accounts and set the Gmail Labs feature that has Multiple Inboxes.