It is not atypical that you might forget your email password, in this case, your Gmail password. Actually, when you try to set up really strong passwords and altering them once in a while as recommended, you will very probably forget your password as well. In addition, if you do not typically open your Gmail a lot, you might forget your password as well. So what occurs when you forget and/or lose your password to Gmail? Google actually understands that these instances occur. This is why they have password recovery. Learn how to recover your Gmail password using the procedures below.
(1) Go to the Gmail sign in web page and click the “Need help?” hyperlink.
(2) This will bring you to the recovery page of Gmail. Select the first choice, which is, “I don’t know my password.” Do this by clicking the radio button to the left.
(3) As soon as you click the radio button, a text field will shop up asking you to plug in your Gmail email address whose password you would like to get. In the text field, plug in the email address you would want to recover a password for, the email address connected to it, as well as the email address of your Google Apps. Afterwards, click the “Continue” button found on the bottom of the web page.
(4) You will then be brought to a webpage wherein you will have the choice of inputting a previous password connected to your Gmail account. If you remember, plug it in. If you do now know, click the button, “I don’t know.”
(5) For the next web page, Google will need to verify the owner of the email address. They will do this by sending a verification code to the recovery phone. You may choose to get the verification via text message or a voice call that is automated. Pick either one of them. Click on “Continue.”
(6) Next, plug in the verification code on your mobile phone and then click on “Continue.”
(7) Based on the web page that appears, plug in a brand new password. Type it again on the next field to confirm it then click on “Change password.”
(8) Now you are finished. If there is anything you may want to include in order to make the verification process much easier, in the instance you lose your password or phone or completely forget your Gmail address, just click on “Review my recovery info.” In the instance that you do not have access to your mobile phone in the step above, just click on “I can’t access my phone.”
(9) You will then be brought to a web page wherein you will be asked to plug in an email address wherein Google will contact you. This is needed, meaning you will need to make one if you do not have another email address.
(10) In the following web page, answer the details on when you were able to last login and when you were able to create your Gmail account.
(11) Click the “Reset Password” for the next appearing web page.
(12) Plug in a new password. Afterwards, confirm it and click the “Change Password” hyperlink. Finished!
If you lost your password, there are actually some tools that can help you out. However, you have to note a couple of things. First, you must utilize the data and utilities below to get your own passwords and not anyone else’s. You can also help out a family member or close friend with their consent. You should not use it to snoop into the private information of other people. Next, in order to prevent the use of these password recovery tools as last resort forever, just use a database that is encrypted so you can track your passwords.
First, always click on the box that says to remember your password. So for Firefox, for example, if they ask if you want to save them, you can do so. In Firefox, go to the Tools menu, pick Options, and from the Security tab, click the button, “Saved Passwords.” Afterwards, click on “Show Passwords.” Another option is if you are on a web page that has a password field that has a lot of asterisks, you can utilize the “View Passwords that are bookmarked to see them.
Other utilizes that you can make use of are the save password apps available on the iPhone and Google Play. Another way to go about it is to go the manual route and keep all of your passwords kept and updated and in a safe and secure place. Hackers will be unable to find your passwords that way. Just make sure to keep it in a place that thieves or robbers or your snoopy neighbor will not be able to find!