Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjivani (Sanjeevani) Yojana In Maharashtra
The state government of Maharashtra is leaving no stone unturned to facilitate the farmers of the state. In a recent event the Chief Minister of the state has launched a new scheme for the farmers. Mukhyamantri Krishi Sanjivani Yojana will be a scheme under which the farmers who are unable to pay their utility bills will get subsidy and benefits from the state government.
The scheme has launched recently in the month of October in 2017. The Maharashtra Power Development Minister Mr. Chandrashekhar Bawankule has launched the scheme in an event. It will be a state government-run scheme.
Salient Features of the scheme
- Scheme details: Under this scheme the state government will give up the interest and late fee on the outstanding electricity bills. Farmers of the state will now have to pay only the pending electricity bills to have uninterrupted electricity at home and farm.
- Need: There are many farmers’ families that are unable to pay their utility bills for a long time. Because of that the state is carrying a huge burden of outstanding bill amount. That restricts the state to buy more power from the developers.
- Objective: By giving subsidy and relaxation for paying the bills, the state will be able to recover a large part of the outstanding bills from the farmers.
- Benefits: As per the report, the total late fee and interest payment of Rs. 8, 164 Cr will be given up by the state government. This amount will not be taken from the farmers.
- Eligibility: The farmers whose electricity bill is pending since the year 2012 will get benefits under the scheme. The main eligibility to register for the scheme is the farmer has to pay their current electricity bill.
- Beneficiaries: Around 41 Lac farmers will get benefit from the scheme. Also those who don’t have electricity connection at home will get connection soon. Maharashtra government will provide electricity to nearly 15.41 Lac farmers.
- Budget: According to reports the state government will spend Rs. 1.16 Lac for the electricity connections, meters and such in agricultural areas. Entire cost will be borne by the state government.
As mentioned the farmers will have to pay the pending bills only. They will get the facility of easy instalments to repay the bills.
- Those who have bill amount of less than Rs. 30, 000/- will have to pay the total bill in 5 instalments. The first installment must be paid within Nov 17th
- 20% of the total outstanding bill along with current electricity bill amount must be paid by the mentioned date. Next 4 installments should be paid in between March to December in the year 2018.
- There will be 3 months’ gap between two instalments. State hasn’t disconnected electricity connection of the people who didn’t pay their bills for last 3 years. Under this scheme if they fail to pay the bills then state will disconnect their lines.
- Those, who have outstanding payment of more than Rs. 30, 000/-, will get 10 instalments to pay the bill. The rule will be same for them as well. Within November 17th 2017, the farmers will have to fill up the online form of the scheme and also pay the bills according to the rule. Hence the instalment details are
By 2018, another scheme namely Mukhyamantri Saur Krishi Vahini Yojana will be launched. Under this scheme the farmers will be able to get electricity from solar power energy. This will be less costly. Farmers can get electricity at much cheaper rates under this new scheme.
👇 कृपया प्रतीक्षा करें….👇