Tejas fighter Jet Indian Air Force | Specification | Speed | Details
Everyone Indian needs to know about the India’s fighter jet recently launched by the IAF (Indian Air Force). Tejas is the India’s first home made fighter jet which was finally introduced in to the Indian Air Force. This new fighter jet could be the biggest milestone in the military aviation of the country.
Tejas fighter jet 2016:
The Tejas aircraft is basically 4th plus generation multi-role supersonic, lightweight, and single engine jet. This LCA is also lightest and smallest. It has been designed using the state of the art technologies and modern design concepts. The different technologies used to design this aircraft may include,
- Advantage digital cockpit
- Fly by wire flight control system
- Multi-mode radar
- A flat rated engine
- Integrated digital avionics system
Tejas fighter jet latest news:
- The India’s first domestically made LCA called Tejas formally added in to the IAF recently and flew on its 1st raid in Bangalore, after 33 years it was cleared for the development.
- Indian Air Force has said there are the plans to add 14 Tejas LCA in the upcoming 2 years in order to replace the Old Russian MiG-21s which was nicknamed Flying Coffins because of their reduced safety record.
Tejas fighter jet Important Factor:
The main important factor of the Tejas aircraft to be borne in mind is that this aircraft getting IOC has provide a major improvement to the military aviation of the India along with the approval of many new programmes such as,
- Unmanned air systems
- MK2 variants of Navy & Air Force
- 5t generation fighter aircraft
- Advanced medium combat aircraft
- Medium transport aircraft
Tejas fighter jet Specification:
When it comes to the performance and leading particulars, it has the specifications of
- 20 m wing span
- 20 m length
- 40 m height
While considering the weights,
- Empty – 6560 kg
- Take off clean – 9800 kg
- External stores – 3500 kg.
If the powerplant is considered, the dimensions will be,
- 9 m length
- 890 mm diameter
- The maximum weight would be 1035 kg.
- The engine performance is thrust 9163 kg.
- Internal fuel capacity – 2458 kg
- External fuel capacity – 2 x 1200 litre drop tank in board and also 1 x 800 litre drop tank under the fuselage.
Below listed table describes interesting points about Indian made light weight aircraft Tejas
|S.No||All you need to know about Tejas fighter jet||Detailed Information|
|1||First Flight of Aircraft Tejas made by Indian Aviation Industry||It was 4th July 2001, when Indian made light weighted aircraft Tejas flew its first flight. It was named as Tejas by former Prime Minister of India Atal Behari Vajpayee. The first flight of Indian made Light weighted aircraft was considered as one of the important milestone of Indian aviation.|
|2||When was the concept for building aircraft In India started?||The government of India started to develop self made aircraft on 1984 under the governance of Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).|
|3||Speciality of Tejas||The Aircraft was made with the equal mixture of carbon fiber and aluminium alloy along with the small level of titanium alloy. The Indian made light weighted aircraft tejas capable of handle air to air combat, air to surface missile combat and also it designed to carry anti-ship missiles along with bombs & Rockets. Also Tejas is currently world’s smallest single engine aircraft that developed to perform multi-role in field.|
|4||International display of Indian made Light Weighted Aircraft Tejas||The International air show conducted during 2016 which was held on Bahrain was teja’s first foreign show|
|5||Speed which Tejas can travel?||As per the reports released by official, the light weighted Tejas can travel above 2,000 Kms per hour.|
Tejas fighter jet Engine:
- Tejas aircraft has the single jet engine along with the composite material structures.
- It is actually the flat rated engine with the maximum speed capacity and the higher performance.
- This LCA includes the afterburning turbofan engine as the major challenging and sophisticated system.
- In the previous years, this Tejas jet aircraft has F 404-GE-IN20 engines and F 404-IN20 engines in order to power the operations of this LCA.
- Currently, the F404-IN20 engine is used for this new version of Tejas aircraft.
- With the F404 engine, the flight testing will be scheduled in the year 2017.
- By the 2018, the engineers will test the GE 414 engine installation on this aircraft.
Tejas fighter jet Speed:
- When it comes to the speed of Tejas combat and light weight aircraft, it achieved the speed of 1.1 Mach which is 837.3 mph and 1347.5 km/h.
- This aircraft has been completed the thousand test flights and over 530 hours of the flight testing.
- The maximum speed of this Tejas is 1.8 Mach which is 2205 km/h for the FOC version.
- The maximum speed of the Tejas aircraft for the IOC version will be 2000 km/h.
Tejas fighter jet ranking:
Currently, the Tejas Jet aircraft is formally announced as the first supersonic capable fighter which is ranked second maximum speed fighter jet plane worldwide.
Tejas fighter jet vs jf 17:
- The JF-17 airframe is actually of the semi-monocoque structure. At the same time, the airframe of this jet is designed for the service life or 25 years or 4000 flight hours. It is powered by the single Russian Klimov RD-93 turbofan engine.
- When considering the Tejas fight jet aircraft, it integrates the many modern design concepts and technologies to give the best features.
- According to the comparison of these aircrafts, both are following the same timeline of the development.
- But the India Tejas fighter jet is better than the Jf-17 aircraft in all other features, speed, performance, and lifespan.
Tejas fighter jet plans:
- IAF has a separate crew for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Tejas fighter jet aircraft.
- It will get the mid-air refuelling probe in order to improve its operational range and endurance.
- The timeline for this specific variant will be set at 2017.
- The flight testing from the aircraft carrier is actually scheduled for the year 2017.
👇 कृपया प्रतीक्षा करें….👇