Saur Sujala Yojana in Chhattisgarh
From the time the Modi government has come to power a lot of new scheme have been launched. The motive of this scheme is to develop the country and to make India a better and advanced place for the residents. Recently another scheme has been lunched, which is called the Saur Sujala Yojana. The scheme is targeted towards the development and welfare of the farmers who do not have a proper source of irrigation.
|Name of the scheme||Saur Sujala Yojana|
|Scheme launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh|
|Date of scheme launch||1st of November 2016|
|Core objective of the scheme||Provide solar irrigation pumps to the farmers|
|Scheme target||Farmers of Chhattisgarh|
|Scheme implemented by||Department of Energy and the Government of Chhattisgarh|
|Scheme implemented in||The state of Chhattisgarh|
This scheme is a farmer welfare scheme that will run in the state of Chhattisgarh. It is a known fact that Chhattisgarh is a place where farming and agriculture is the main source of income for the people there. So keeping this in mind the government of India has launched the Saur Sujala scheme under which the solar pump will be given to the beneficiaries of the scheme. The irrigation pumps are very important for a farmer and will help them in their agriculture activities.
Objective of the scheme
Chhattisgarh is a newly form state and it has been just around 15 years that the state has been separated from Bihar. There are certain villages and districts in the state which still do not have electricity due to which running of the various irrigation machines like pumps becomes very difficult. So to solve this problem of the farmers in such villages, the government has launch this scheme where farmers will be given solar irrigation pumps at subsidized rates, which they can use for irrigation and other farming purposes. The farmers will be able to use solar energy and run these pumps, which does away the problem of no electricity. By doing this the government also aims at making the agricultural and rural development strong in the state.
Launch of the scheme
Chhattisgarh celebrated the Chhattisgarh Rajyotsav, 16th anniversary of state wood, on the 1st of November and that is the day the Saur Sujala Yojana was started. The occasion was witnessed by the Prime Minister of India along and the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh along with many other personalities. The Rajyotsav was an affair of five days and is being organized in Naya Raipur. On this occasion a lot of new schemes were launched which would be implemented in the state of Chhattisgarh soon.
On the first day of the Rajyotsav, along with the launch of the Saur Sujala scheme, some of the eligible beneficiaries of the scheme were given the solar irrigation pump by Prime Minister NarendraModi. It was announced that from then onwards the Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency will take care of all the distribution, installation and the management of the solar irrigation devices. It was announced that in the financial year 2016-2017 around 11000 solar pumps will be distributed to the farmers of the villages where there is not electricity. This scheme will be implemented in the coming three years and by then the aim is to distribute around 51000 solar irrigation pumps.
During the Rajyotsav some of the other announcements that were made would include that were – Jungle safari initiative in an area of 320 hectares of forest, installation of BRTS in Naya Raipur, and unveiling the statue of Pt. Deendayal Upadhyaya.
Beneficiaries under this scheme
It has been made clear by the government that this scheme is for the farmers of the state who do not have access to electricity as of now. The all the people of the villages of Chhattisgarh which do not have electricity will be eligible for this scheme. The farmers who belong to villages where there is electricity, will not be benefitted by this scheme.
The state government has been working for quite some time now to list down the regions of the state which does not have electricity. These are the places where the solar pumps would come handy and so the state will be selecting beneficiaries from these regions only. The selection of beneficiaries under this scheme will be done by the state government agency that is responsible for managing this scheme.
If you want to join the scheme then here are few details that you need to know-
- It has been revealed that the Agricultural Department of the state will collect the information from the farmers who wish to apply for the scheme.
- Information such a name, address and certain copies of some documents have to be provided by the farmer. Aadhaar card is a mandatory document for this scheme. You are not eligible of you do not have an Aadhaar number.
- Once the above-mentioned information is verified by the Agricultural department of the state, the beneficiary needs to submit their bank account details such as name of the account holder, name of the bank, account number and IFSC code. An applicant also needs to provide his or her mobile number.
Registration process for the scheme
The application form to become beneficiaries of this scheme will be available in the block offices and the agricultural offices. Any farmer who belong to a region where there is no electricity can apply for the scheme. You have to collect the application from and submit it to the Agriculture Department of the Chhattisgarh state government. The form has to be filled properly and all the required documents have to be attached to the form and has to be submitted to the agricultural department. You have to pay an application fee for the form submission as well. Once you have submitted the form the agricultural department will start their verification process of the details provided by the applicant. If found eligible, the solar irrigation pump will be given to the farmer on the subsidized rate.
The verification process under this scheme
Technical verification of the information will also take place, in order to decide if the applicant needs the solar pump or not. Within 15 days of application submission the technical investigation will start working on the verification process. A system engineer will be appointed and he will be responsible for leading the investigation process. He will have to visit each and every field for which the application has been made. Once the investigation is done, the investigation team will submit a report to the Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency. Then the Agency will confirm the application.
Important scheme details
- As a part of the scheme the government would provide the farmers with solar powered irrigation pumps of 3HP and 5HP capacity which costs Rs.3.5 lakhs and Rs.4.5lakhs respectively, in some subsidized rates.
- It is expected that the subsidized rate of the 3HP solar pump would be Rs.7000 to Rs.1800 and for the 5HP solar pump it is expected to be around Rs.10000 to Rs.20000. The exact amount of subsidy that would be given to the farmers has not been announced as of now.
- This distribution will take place from the launch of the scheme to the 31st March of the year 2019. It is estimated that with this scheme around 51000 farmers would be benefited.
- The focus of the scheme would be provide solar irrigation pumps to the farmer who belong to the villages which do not have electricity as of now. The pumps will be distributed on the priority basis.
- Under this scheme the three will be option of two types of solar pumps. The difference will be in the capacities and the configurations as mentioned above.
- This option is being provided as the 3HP pumps will be better for small scale farmers and the 5HP pumps will be beneficial for the farmers who are involved in large scale farming. So depending on the use, the farmer may choose the type of solar irrigation pump that he wants.
- The pumps provided under this scheme would be of good quality and the Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency will take care of providing the technical support of installation and maintenance.
- Once the farmer receives the solar irrigation pump, the CREDA will appoint a system engineer who come to your field and take care of the installation process. The inspector will check all the water sources available and then a suitable mode will be chosen as a source of irrigation.
- The CREDA will provide complete support to the farmers and help in the cleaning and repairing of the solar pumps as well.
- The solar pumps will be given to the agricultural offices and the block office from beforehand. Once the verification process is completed, and the applicant has paid the full subsidized amount, the farmer will be given the solar pump. You will receive it from the same block office where you had submitted your application form.
Introduction of this Saur Yojana Scheme would enables farmer to not depend upon the government electricity supply and also it will helps government to reduce their amount spend by giving subsidized power supply to farmers.
👇 कृपया प्रतीक्षा करें….👇