Working Women Hostel Scheme
|Working Women Hostel Scheme
|6th of April, 2017
|Prime Minister of the country, Mr. Narendra Modi
|Women and Child Care Development Ministry
|BPL And Helpless Women
Working Women Hostel Scheme
Indian women, who have to stay away from their homes for job purpose or do not have anyone to house them, often suffer from insecurities related to safety. The central government has passed a new scheme that is designed for meeting the housing requirements of working or helpless women. The name of the program is Working Women Hostel Scheme and will include children under special circumstances only. The main objective is to empower women.
Eligibility Criteria for Working Women Hostel Scheme
The following are the eligibility criteria for being a beneficiary under the Working Women Hostel Scheme:
- Widowed, Single, Separated Women Are Allowed – As per the program, the doors of the hostel will be open to those women who do not have anyone to care for them. The women may be widowed, single, separated or separated from their husbands.
- The married women who have no kin in the city will also be provided rooms in the hostel.
- Physically Handicapped Women Are Allowed – If the woman falls in the category of physically handicapped and have the legal documents, then the hostel will provide room to them as well. This will be done to provide them security.
- Female Trainees Will be able to Opt for the Scheme – If the female candidate, seeking a room in the hostel is acquiring some kind of job training, then they will be permitted to stay in these hostels. The tenure of the training must not be more than one. Room allotment will be done based on vacancy. Job trainees, must not cross the 30% mark in respect to the total number of women housed in the hostel.
- Age Criteria of Children With Working Mothers – Sometimes it happens that the woman is the only one taking care of the children. In such cases, the working mothers will be allowed to stay with their children. But in such cases, the age of the boy and girl should not be more than 9 and 15 respectively.
- Scheme Below Poverty Level Women – Apart from the women who are working or acquiring job training away from home and physically handicapped candidates, the scheme will provide accommodation to female candidates who fall below the poverty level as well.
Key Features of Working Women Hostel Scheme
A look at the salient features of the program will assist one in getting a better understanding:
- Number of hostels to be constructed – Housing so many women in need is not a mean task. For meeting the accommodation requirements, the central government has given the green signal to establishment of 70,000 working hostels for women. The constructional task on 938 has already begun as the first step to achieving the target.
- Day Care Center – It is not possible for the working mothers to take their children with them to their office. For the assistance of such mothers, the hostel authority will provide Day Care services as well. Here, the children will be looked after when their mothers are not around. The service will come at an extra price.
Rules and regulations of Working Women Hostel Scheme
The following are some rules associated with the accommodation facilities under the Working Women Hostel Scheme:
Income margin for permitting accommodation
For getting admission in the hostels, operating under the Working Women Hostel Scheme, the applicant will have to prove provide details about themselves and their current situation. The women who are associated with any job will have to provide papers which will prove that they do not earn more than Rs. 50,000 gross, in any of the metro cities. The amount will come down to Rs. 35,000 if the candidate is looking for accommodation in the hostel in any other area.
Rent levied from the inmates
The working women will have to pay a monthly rent for the rooms. The rate of rent will depend on the type of room they have chosen. In case of
- Single Bedroom Rent: Single bedroom, the candidate will have to pay a rent that does not exceed 15% of her gross remuneration.
- Double Bedrooms and Dormitories: This rent will be 10% and 7.5% in case of double bedrooms and dormitories respectively.
- The same charges will be levied form the candidates who are acquiring job training. In such cases, the rent will be paid by the association that is sponsoring the job training.
- Day Care Service Charges : For working mothers, an extra 5% will be charged if they are availing the Day Care services.
Charges for other facilities
The above mentioned rent is only for the rooms. If the candidates are using the mess facility for acquiring their meals and also using the washing machine for cleaning their soiled clothes, the hostel authority will charge them extra for these services.
The tenure of the stay
- The maximum time that any candidate can spend in the hostel is for three years.
- Only under dire conditions, the candidate can bring a written permission from the District Women’s Welfare Committee. This letter will give an extension that will not be more than 6 months.
- Under no condition will a candidate be allowed to stay in a hostel for more than 5 years.
Official Website of the scheme
If anyone is interested in acquiring more information about the scheme and want to apply for rooms in the special hostels, then they must click on the link http://www.wcd.nic.in/ . One look at the scheme will allow a female candidate to get a home away from home.
- Tax Deductions Available for Individual Taxpayers Who are Salaried
- National Digital Literacy Mission
- JP Senani samman Yojana in Bihar
- Sharing and Caring Scheme in Punjab