Aponar Apun (Apon) Ghar Home Loan Subsidy Scheme in Assam 2019-20 [Application Form Online Portal, Eligibility, Amount, How to apply, Loan Calculator, Interest Rate]
The construction of houses on the hilly terrain of Northern and North-Eastern states is an issue that needs special attention. While some people have access to good homes and modern amenities, a certain section do not attain these luxuries. Many people in Assam, who do not have ownership residential units, opt for bank loans to purchase their homes. The state authority has announced a new welfare scheme for such people. Under the Aponar Apun Ghar Scheme, the Assam government provides a certain subsidy on the home loans. In this article, you will gather information about the features, eligibility and document related details.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Aponar Apun Ghar Scheme|
|Launched by||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Announced by||Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|Date of announcement||September 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Residents who have opted for housing loan|
|Supervised by||State Government of Assam|
Key features of the Aponar Apun Ghar Scheme Assam
- Development of housing sector – With the implementation of this scheme, the Assam state government will be able to pave the path for the development of the construction industry. Many people do not have the money to complete their home construction. Such applicants will be benefitted from this scheme.
- Solving housing issues – Lack of permanent houses in the urban areas gives rise to slums. With the subsidy, the state government is encouraging more and more people from the middle income groups to acquire their personal units.
- Subsidy on housing loan – Any eligible applicant, who is selected as the beneficiary of this scheme will receive Rs. Rs 2, 50,000 from Assam authority. It will come in handy to repay the credit that the applicant has received from the banks.
- Banks listed under this scheme – Applicants, who have applied for a housing loan from the cooperative banks, nationalized banks, registered private banks and Assam Cooperative Apex Bank can apply for the subsidy benefit.
Subsidy as per loan amount
|Loam amount issued by the bank||Subsidy that the state will offer|
|Below Rs. 5 lakhs||No subsidy|
|From Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 10 lakhs||Rs. 1.00 lakh|
|From Rs. 10 lakhs to Rs. 20 lakhs||Rs. 1.50 lakhs|
|From Rs. 20 lakhs to Rs. 30 lakhs||Rs. 2.00 lakhs|
|From Rs. 30 lakhs to Rs. 40 lakhs||Rs. 2.50 lakhs|
Eligibility for application
- Only for resident of Assam – In order to receive the perks of this housing loan subsidy scheme, it is mandatory that the applicant is a legal and permanent resident of this state.
- Must not have pucca houses – In case the applicant already has a pucca or permanent home in Assam or any other state, then his/her application will be disqualified by the Assam sate authority.
- Loan sanction date – Only those housing loan applicants will be considered eligible for this project, which have submitted a loan applicant in any of the specified banks on or after 1st April of this financial year.
- Maximum housing credit limit – The scheme will only be open for those creditors who had applied for and received a credit amount that is not more than Rs. 40 lakhs.
- Annual family income – There is an annual family income criterion that the interested applicants need to fulfill. The Finance Minister of the state has highlighted that only those creditors will be allowed to enroll for the subsidy scheme if the overall income of the household, on an annual basis is less than or equal to Rs. 20, 00,000.
- Account must not be NPA – Some housing loan accounts fall in the special category of non-performing assets or NFA due to several reasons. In case the applicant’s account is tagged as an NFA, then that candidate will not attain the financial grant from Assam government.
Documents necessary for application
- Proof of residency – As the state government has launched this scheme for the residents of Assam only, if an applicant is interested to attain the monetary assistance, then he/she must showcase the permanent and legal residency certificates.
- Identification proof documents – The applicant needs to possess his/her Aadhar document. All details will be cross referenced by the state department with the help of the Aadhar code.
- Housing loan documents – The bank documents, which specify the loan amount, application and credit issuance dates, must be furnished with the application form.
- Family income certificate – Due to the presence of the family earning criterion, it is necessary that the candidates furnish certificates, which support their earning claims.
- Account details – It is mandatory for the eligible candidate to offer account number, bank details, particular branch details, IFSC code and the branch code. These details will assist the state to deposit the money in the accounts of the beneficiaries easily.
- Declaration by the applicant – The applicants are also required to furnish a declaration that highlight that they currently do not possess any permanent home or flat in the state or otherwise.
How to Apply Online for Aponar Apun Ghar Scheme Assam?
- Online registration process – If any candidate wants to apply for the subsidy, then he/she must visit the Finance Department of Assam’s website. Here, the candidate can see the name of the scheme, and below it is the Aponar Apun Ghar Scheme Assam Portal .
- Application form – On the scheme page, applicant can locate the scheme name at the right side of the screen. Below the scheme name, he/she will find the apply button.
- Online form fill-up – When the applicant clicks on the “Apply” button, he/she will get access to the scheme guidelines and the online application form. The candidate must fill in the details. Then he/she must attach the scanned copies of the necessary document, and click on the “Save” button to complete the process.
- Tracking application – The portal also gives you the opportunity to track the status of the application. For this, you need to click on the button that is marked as “Track.” It is located in the Application Tracking box, at the right-hand bottom corner of the screen.
The development of the housing projects, supervised by the state government has always been an issue. But the present Chief Minister of Assam is all set to put things in their place. He has started this task by offering some financial relief to the house owners, with the announcement of the housing loan subsidy scheme. He has also opined that the present Assam government will take the necessary steps to eliminate the housing problems in both urban and rural areas.
Other links –