Gaura Devi Kanya Dhan Yojana Uttarakhand | Girl Student Scholarship Scheme In UK
The Uttarakhand Govt. has launched one financial support scheme named the GDKDY in the state which is dedicated to all the backward girl students who have passed Class XII. Under this scheme, a one time monetary deposit will be sent to the eligible beneficiaries of the scheme. In states like Uttarakhand, there is huge school dropout rate in case of girls. Girls are often not allowed to continue their studies due to family’s financial problems or they get married early. To check this problem, the state govt. has announced this social scheme GDKDY to promote girl education in the state and benefit thousands of girl students to carry on with their higher studies and build their respective career. This one time scholarship may also be utilized for marrying off their daughter with dignity.“Palna Scheme has also been started by Uttarakhand for female of the state.”
“Shadi is the biggest burden in our country, specially for poor section. Some states has started yojana for marriage of the women
- Punjab Shagun Scheme
- Vivah Hetu Anudan Yojana in Uttar Pradesh
- Shaadi Mubarak Scheme Telangana
- MP Mukhyamantri Kanya Vivah/Nikah Yojana 2017
- Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam Scheme In Telangana“
Key Features of Gaura Devi Kanya Dhan Yojana
Below are some of the important features on the GDKDY scheme implemented in Uttarakhand for the benefit of the girl students of the state:
- Only those girls who have passes their higher secondary examination and are from BPL category will get the benefit of this scholarship scheme in Uttarakhand.
- Two major objectives can be fulfilled through this financial help, first will be continuing the girl’s higher education and the second will be at the time of the girl’s marriage.
- The scholarship amount which will be provided at a time is Rs. 50,000 per beneficiary.
- There is an online portal launched by the Uttarakhand state govt. through which the eligible beneficiaries may apply for the scheme.
- After successful verification, funds will be dispatched through the bank in form of Fixed Deposit, to the address of the registered beneficiaries.
“Scholarship is the award for the student for their bright educational future. Some scholarship schemes have been supported by government
- “UP Scholarship 2017-18,
- Punjab Mukhyamantri Scholarship,
- MP Mukhyamantri Medhavi Chhatra Vidyarthi Yojana.””
Eligibility for Gaura Devi Kanya Dhan Yojana
Below are the conditions of eligibility for getting full benefit of the GDKDY scheme in Uttarakhand:
- The applicant (girl student) must be a permanent resident of the state of Uttarakhand.
- The students should belong to BPL families or backward communities like SC, ST and OBC categories.
- Only those girl students who have completed and passed their higher secondary examination from any school which is either recognized by the Uttarakhand govt. or is under state board or central board will be eligible.
- The annual income of the girl’s family should be below Rs. 15,976 in case of rural areas and for the urban areas, the annual income should be below Rs. 21,206.
- The applicant must be aged below 25 years as on 1st July, 2017.
“For improving female ratio and financial status, Central has started Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana under the flag of Beti bachao beti padhao yojana. In the same manner states have also launched some special yojana like
- Ladli Beti Scheme in J k
- Ladli Beti Scheme in Delhi
- Balri Rakshak Scheme in Punjab
How to get application form For Gaura Devi Scholarship Scheme?
Eligible candidates may visit the online portal – escholarship.uk.gov.in to get details of the scholarship scheme and also download the application form. It is a four page applicant form which is to be filled by the candidate herself and submit through their respective schools.
“Some women welfare schemes have also been started for the pregnant women, read here about them
- Tamilnadu Amma Baby Care Kit Scheme
- Kcr kit Scheme for Pregnant Women Telangana
- Janani Suraksha Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan Yojana,
- UP Hausala Poshan Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Vandana Yojana.
- Yogi Mukhbir Yojana
Registration Process for Gaura Devi Kanya Dhan Yojana
For registration of the GDKDY scheme of Uttarakhand, the applicants must follow the below mentioned process:
- Visit the official web portal of GDKDY scheme – http://escholarship.uk.gov.in.
- /Go to the Student’s Section where one can start the new registration process.
- Click on “Application Form” to download the scheme application form.
- Take a printout of the form and fill all the necessary details like personal details, family details, education details, self declaration carefully.
- Attach the passport size photograph along with required documents and submit to the school authorities.
Here you can read
- State Schemes List
- Central Schemes List
Budget Allocation by the Government
A budget allocation amounting Rs. 45 crore is made by the Uttarakhand state govt. to be distributed among the girl students who will be applying for the GDKDY scheme. This amount may increase with increase in no. of applications.
“In our country female education condition is very poor. For improving the status of girls’ education, some schemes has been started by states. Schemes are :
- Ladli Laxmi Yojana MP |
- MP E-laxmi Scheme
- Mazi Kanya Bhagyashree Yojana Maharashtra
- Scooty Cycle Scheme Jammu And Kashmir
- Tejaswini Scheme Jharkhand
Contact Details For Gaura Devi Kanya Dhan Yojana
|Administrative authority||Nodal Officer IT Cell-Social Welfare and Tribal Welfare|
|Office address||Bhagat Singh Colony, MDDA ,Dalanwala Dehradun-248001, Uttarakhand|
- Vedanta Vidyarthi Vikas Yojana Odisha
- Mukhyamantri Rajshree Yojna Rajasthan
- Biju Kanyaratna Scheme Orissa
- Scooty Cycle Scheme Jammu Kashmir
- Punjab Mai Bhago Scheme
👇 कृपया प्रतीक्षा करें….👇